AND WHAT YOU CAN DO - THE HAPPINESS HORMONE HACK.
LOVE. WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW. AMIRIGHT?
Welcome to the happiness hormone hack - it’s the turn of oxytocin, the LOVE hormone.
Our hormones exist to stimulate our actions or feelings and oxytocin tells us we’re doing something we that’ll make us feel better.
We’ve made it through the first week of January and now we could probably all do with a little pick me up. I’ve put together some tips for a ‘happiness hormones hack’ for you, that cost nothing and I hope can raise your love levels a little higher.
- Stroke, play or even just look at a loving animal, in my humble opinion dogs are best! Borrow mine, she’s right here on this post sending you big love. More love than I imagine even you could handle!
- Self-hug. If you haven’t got a person you can hug at them moment you can do it yourself and you’ll stick experience an oxytocin boost. Hold tight, stroke your skin, stay as you are for as long as you feel comfortable
- If there’s no one around or willing to support your oxytocin you can do this yourself. Here’s a few ways;
- Lie on the floor pop a tennis ball under your buttocks or under your shoulder blades and apply as much pressure as you comfortably can, rolling the ball backwards and forwards.
- Massage the sole of your foot (Find Calm or a blend with lavender in would be lovely) just below the ball of your 2nd toe – this area relates to your solar plexus and releases and relaxes you all over.
- If you happen to have a willing person ask them to stroke your back. Skin to skin is best but over the top of your clothes will do!
- Listen to music, for music’s sake. Feel the feelings, feel the grooves, sway if you need to don’t have any expectations and play.
As the fab four said ‘All you need is love.’
About Jo Darling MBAcC Lic Acu
Jo is a Brighton-based Acupuncturist with a Bachelor of Science degree in Acupuncture from the University of Greenwich. Her training includes western medicine pathology, physiology and anatomy. She is also a member of the British Acupuncture Council.
Jo is passionate about women’s health. She has helped 100’s of women live healthier, happier lives. She has spent over 10 years practicing acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, reflexology and Chinese herbs.
As well as fertility, pregnancy and natural menopause Jo specialises in the treatment of breast cancer patients particularly those thrown into early menopause by chemotherapy. This work inspired Menopoised.
For more information about her work visit her website.
We understand the challenges of menopause because we are menopausal. That’s why we created Menopoised. The Menopoised Menopause Magnet is a first of their kind, acupuncture inspired, safe, effective and side-effect free. Our products have been created to support a broad spectrum of issues, designed to help guide women through a positive menopause.
How Can Help You?
If you’re suffering with hot flushes and night sweats, we can help. When we trialled our heroine product, the Menopoised Menopause Magnet, over 80% of our participants experienced a reduction in the intensity and frequency of their hot flushes and night sweats within a week of use. Read about our research here.
Stay in Touch
If you’d like to join the Menopoised conversation and be first to hear about Menopoised news, offers and selfcare tips to manage your menopause naturally - sign up here.